- ¼ cup olive oil
- 6 cardamom pods lightly bruised
- 1 onion finely sliced
- ½ cup blue lentils, washed
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 1 can whole tomatoes
- 1 bunch English spinach
- ½ cup natural yoghurt
- 2 organic chicken breast fillets chopped into bite size pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ bunch coriander
- Cook olive oil and cardamon pods and spices in a large saucepan for 2 minutes.
- Discard the cardamon pods and add the onion & garlic to the pan - cook until soft.
- Stir in the lentils and add the stock, tomatoes and chicken pieces. Bring to the boil and simmer over a low heat for 45 minutes until lentils are tender.
- Add the spinach and cook for a further 2 minutes. Season to taste.
- Serve with a spoon full of yoghurt and chopped coriander leaves
Share this recipe