- 300g mashed ripe banana
- 3 free range / organic eggs
- 2 tbsp raw honey or rice syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or cold pressed olive oil
- half tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp bicarb soda
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- Preheat your oven to 160 C.
- Combine banana, honey, oil, cinnamon, vanilla, eggs, bicarb and lemon and beat well. Add the almond meal and chia seeds and mix well.
- Lightly oil one loaf tin and then coat liberally with extra almond meal or desiccated coconut – this will prevent the cake from sticking.
- Spoon batter into the tin and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour (a skewer inserted into the centre should come out dry).
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before turning out the loaf. Keeps in the fridge covered for up to 1 week.
Share this recipe