Work With Us
Welcome to Careers
@ The Happy Apple
We love what we do and we surround ourselves with a team who love it as well. Each of our Happy Apple employees brings a unique offering to the team. We have created a community that sets us apart, ensuring that our customers keep coming back.
There are many opportunities at The Happy Apple to suit everyone. We employee over 60 people from varied backgrounds and life experience - including local school kids in their fist job to our more senior staff who have built The Happy Apple to what it is today.
So whether you love to be front and centre, ensuring our customers have a positive experience or prefer to work behind the scenes guaranteeing that our products are of the highest quality and presentation – then we have a job that’s right for you!
The Happy Apple is a fast-paced environment. We need people that are positive, resilient and flexible, as no day is the same. We're looking for people that are passionate about quality food, great customer service, and who want to work with us on ways we can continue to grow.
HONEST – ENERGETIC – FRIENDLY – ONE TEAM is the framework that our employees live and breathe by to ensure we deliver the best products and services we can to our customers.
What’s in it for me?
- A great culture and positive working environment
- On the job personal and professional development
- Flexible working arrangements
- Dedicated online rostering/availability system (roster sent 2 weeks in advance)
- In store and local discounts
- Training opportunities eg; First Aid, Forklift, Induction, Food Handling
- Parental leave
- Staff events including Christmas Party and social catch ups
- Recognition for high achievement including the inaugural Happy Apple Tracksuit Award
- Dedicated HR, Accounts/Finance and Marketing teams to offer you professional support
So, if you're interested in joining our team, simply download the application form below, complete it, attach your cv and drop it in to us or send it to; firstname.lastname@example.org
So what job could I do at The Happy Apple?
- Customer Service
- Store Assistants/Night Fill
- Food preparation/Cuts
- Deli/Fresh Food
- Human Resources
Store Assistant – Fruit & Veg Preparation
- Full time permanent opportunity
- Early morning starts! Monday to Friday - 5am to 2pm
- Enjoy a great culture in our brand new renovated store!
- Open to internal and external applicants
The Happy Apple is all about reinventing the greengrocer for a new generation. We offer exceptionally high customer service with a variety of quality products to suit a modern lifestyle. The core to our business is our people and each person we employee plays a pivotal role to our success.
The purpose of this position is to ensure that all of our fruit and vegetable produce is selected, cut and packaged to perfection ready to be sold to our customers.
What will I be doing?
- Efficient cutting and packaging of all fruit and vegetables to be sold in store.
- Quality checking all produce before being displayed for sale.
- Cleaning of kitchen and other equipment daily.
- Unpacking daily fruit and vegetable deliveries and moving into cool rooms, shelving and other storage areas.
- Bunching and proper storage of herbs and other delicate produce.
- Cleaning of back yard including sweeping, rotation of bins and stacking/clearance of pallets.
- Preparation of prepack fruit and vegetable packs for sale in store.
What will I need?
- Retail or sales experience desirable
- Be an enthusiastic team member, working with other members to ensure efficient and effective setup of the fruit and vegetable department.
- Be able to work in a fast-paced environment with changing requirements.
- Be passionate about learning and fulfilling required duties, this will be evident in the quality of work performed.
- Be punctual and well presented for work in a retail environment.
- Victorian driver’s license desirable
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise according to impact
- Self-motivated with the ability to operate collectively
- License to Perform High Risk Work – Forklift desirable
Sounds great so how do I apply?
To apply for this position please email a copy of your CV and cover letter to Pip at email@example.com
We are honest, friendly, energetic and passionate about delivering quality products and exceptional customer service